This seasonal program (offered in the fall and spring) offers something for the whole family. Join us Wednesdays at 5:15pm for a family-friendly dinner (Multipurpose Room), followed by classes for all ages from 6:15—7:30pm. Registration is required. Need more information? Contact the church office, 828-264-3906.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT LIVE!
01/25/17 - 04/05/17
COLLEGE & ADULT CLASSES
We are now accepting registration forms for WNL! Sign-up below or at the WNL display in the Gathering Space for one of our Adult, Youth or Children's Discipleship Classes. See the list below for class titles and descriptions.
CLASS # SESSION 1 01/25/17 – 02/22/17 ADULT AND COLLEGE CLASSES
1) Theology and Film: Pastor Jeff Smith - This class will explore different theological themes from scripture found in varying movies. If you like watching movie clips, and like talking about the bible, then this conversational class is just for you. Each class is a stand-alone session allowing participants flexibility to come as they are able.
2) The End of Me: Daniel Meredith and Sue Newell - There is beauty and power in coming to the end of ourselves because we aren’t strong enough, smart enough or talented enough to navigate life on our own. That’s when we are in the best position to be used by God in significant ways. Join us as we use Kyle Idleman’s study “The End of Me” to unpack the counterintuitive truths: You must be broken to be whole… You must mourn to be happy… You must be authentic to be accepted… You must be empty to be filled. Fundamental to this course is a 28-day journal that each participant will need to purchase for $5. Class size is limited to 8
3) The Real Heaven: What the Bible Really Says: Jonathan Lehman – What does the Bible actually say about heaven? What difference does it make? What happens the moment after we die? What will our relationships be like in heaven? Chip Ingram sets aside the hype and myths and digs into the Scriptures to discover what God actually wants us to know about the hereafter. Most importantly, Ingram shows why our understanding of heaven matters now, in this life because what we believe about heaven actually affects us today in ways we may not have imagined.
4) iMarriage: Craig and Ashley McKinney – Standing at the altar, we all had a picture of what our marriage would look like. The problem is this picture of marriage results in expectations that we unload on our spouse. The weight of these expectations can rob your marriage of love and joy. As a spouse you never feel like you measure up and you never feel like you are good enough. So what are you to do with your expectations? You can't deny them, because most expectations started out as God-given desires. In this series, Andy Stanley explains that you must learn to transform your expectations and look to God if you are to experience marriage as it was designed. A study guide is recommended for each couple at a cost of $8.
5) KNARTHEX KNITTERS: Julia Pedigo The Knarthex Knitters get together for fellowship in knitting and crocheting, sharing knitting tips, patterns, yarn, and joys and concerns of members of the church family. It is a wonderful, relaxing time.
***ASH WEDNESDAY SERVICE and DINNER 03/01/17 ALL AGES***
CLASS # SESSION 2 03/08/17 – 04/05/17 ADULT AND COLLEGE CLASSES
6) Theology and Film: Pastor Jeff Smith - This class will explore different theological themes from scripture found in varying movies. If you like watching movie clips, and like talking about the bible, then this conversational class is just for you. Each class is a stand-alone session allowing participants flexibility to come as they are able.
7) Same Kind of Different as Me: John and Sue Newell – This study is based on the book “Same Kind of Different as Me”, The motion picture by the same name, will be released in February 2017. It is an unlikely true story of a life-changing friendship. It compares one man’s experience with 20th-century slavery and homelessness in the United States with another’s portrayal of his own complacency and wealth. We will see the heart of God in this tale of the transforming power of love and friendship. The DVD and Conversation Guide will go deep into the story and its powerful themes which will include sessions on: Extraordinary Faith, Forgiveness / Unconditional Love. Loving the Unlovable, Prayer, and Blessing Versus Service. A Conversation guide can be pre-ordered for $5.
8) Present Over Perfect: Angela Smith and Anna Lehman – this study concentrates on leaving behind busyness and frantic living and rediscovering the person you were made to be. Through this study, you’ll be invited to consider the landscape of your own life, and what it might look like to leave behind the pressure to be perfect and begin the life-changing practice of simply being present, in the middle of the mess and the ordinariness of life. Present Over Perfect offers a compelling vision for an entirely new way to live: soaked in grace, rest, silence, simplicity, prayer, and connection with the people that matter most to us. Study guides are available if desired for $5.00.
9) All the Places to Go…How will you know: Rob Robertson – Very rarely in the Bible does God command someone to “Stay.” He opens a door, and then he invites us to walk through it—into the unknown. And how we choose to respond will ultimately determine the life we will lead and the person we will become. In fact, to fail to embrace the open door is to miss the work God has made for us to do. In this study, John Ortberg opens our eyes to the countless doors God places before us every day, teaches us how to recognize them, and gives us the encouragement to step out in faith and embrace all of the extraordinary opportunities that await. Study guide available if desired for $5.00
10) KNARTHEX KNITTERS: Julia Pedigo - See description above
Come for fun activities, Bible Study and worship. All in middle school are invited to come hang with us!
Birth – 2 yr old: learn songs and enjoy Faithplay with our nurturing helpers
Pre-K: “Joyful Noise” Choir, “Bible Hero” lessons & playtime
K-5th grades: “What’s in the Bible" DVDs, "Shout 4 Joy" Theatre Choir and Wild & Wacky Recreation
Questions re: programs/classes? Contact the church office at: 828-264-3906 OR email...
Elizabeth Abel, Adult MInistry Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rebecca Liljestrand, Children’s Ministry Director: email@example.com
Jill McElroy, Youth Ministry Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Elizabeth Abel, Director Adult Christian Education|