Turn Your Christmas Upside Down...
What if Christmas was no longer about stuff?
What if we could...
SPEND LESS - Feel less stress, and free resources for things that matter to Jesus.
GIVE MORE - Give relationally to offer one another presence, rather than merely presents.
LOVE ALL - Love the forgotten, the poor, marginalized, and sick in the ways Jesus asked us to.
What if we... decide that some of the money we save by giving relationally should be given to the “least of these” in our community and the world?
What if we... find ourselves with generous hearts offering our time, money, and selves to others because we are compelled by the love of God?
What if we... helped make clean water available to the people of Chiapas, Mexico, and Minoterie, Haiti? Did you know that for $25 you can provide clean water for a family for 10 years? (Honor cards are available at the Advent Conspiracy display table in the Gathering Space).
How will you honor God this Advent?
This Advent, First Presbyterian Church is making it possible for each of us to help make clean water available to the people of Chiapas, Mexico through Hebron USA, and Minoterie, Haiti through Real Love Ministries because…
- Jesus calls us to care for the poor. (Luke 18:22)
- This is an important need within the communities where our church has been serving in Haiti and in Mexico.
- Everything begins with water. It's the foundation for all other levels of development: health, sanitation, hygiene, education and livelihoods.
- Around the world 783 million people lack access to clean, safe water.
- Every day, 1,000 children die from diseases caused by unsafe water or inadequate sanitation.
- Entire communities can be transformed by having access to clean water, in the name of Jesus.
OUR GOAL IS tO PROVIDE 200 FILTERS FOR THE PEOPLE OF CHIAPAS AND MINOTERIE
If you would like to provide water filters for the people of Chiapas and Minoterie in honor of someone…
- Use an Offering envelope located in the back of the pews for your tax deductible donation (cash or check). Make checks payable to First Presbyterian Church with “Clean Water” on the memo line, and place in the offering plate.
OR… you may place your donation in the bucket labeled “Water Filter Donations” at the Advent Conspiracy display.
- THEN… Take an honor card, envelope, and Clean Water insert (available at the Advent Conspiracy display in the Gathering Space) for each person you would like to honor.
Thank you for giving the gift of clean water!